Over three days this November, I will be walking 60 miles in the Arizona Breast Cancer 3-Day. This walk will be much more than “just a walk” – it will be raising money to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

Over the next several months, I will be spending many, many, many hours in training (By the time the walk starts, I will have logged enough miles to take me from Phoenix to my hometown of Houston!

I have committed to raising $2,200 to participate in this walk. Please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to help me achieve this goal. I’ll be doing all the walking...all you need to do is follow this link to my fundraising headquarters to submit your contribution.

You may know someone who has been affected by breast cancer and I would be proud to walk in her honor as well. Please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment with their name. I will create a ribbon just for them and attach it to my backpack.

Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for all women, and the leading cause of death in women between the ages of 40 and 55. Both its cause and the means for its cure remain undiscovered. I’m taking on this challenge to do something big that will help raise awareness and help in finding a cure.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope that you’ll share in this incredible adventure with me. Please leave comments or email me (txaggie02@hotmail.com) if you have any questions.

Saturday, October 25, 2008

You Know You Are A 3 Day Walker If...

One of the message board polls is You Know You Are A 3 Day Walker If... (fill in the blank).

I thought these responses were cute:

- Everything in your closet is pink
-
Every street you drive down you say I've walked there
- When someone beeps their horn and you cheer
-
When you know exactly how far it is from your house to the gas station and how many times you have to walk back and forth to meet your training goal for the day
-
You dye your hear pink and wear silly costumes, to raise awareness
- You stare at your odometer in your car and are amazed at how far 16, 20, or even 60 miles is!! and then are proud at how far you've walked!!
-
You can say ONLY 12 miles today!!!
-
You're the only one to notice the NFL referees have pink ribbons on their shirts in October.
-
You look forward to the Port - A - Potties
-
When you wear out new shoes in just 6 weeks!
-
You caution a complete stranger dressed in business attire who is walking down the hall while talking on a cell phone to "please step off the route"
-
When men are wearing bras (& they are on the outside of their clothing)
-
You think that a pink feather boa is an acceptable head-dress and why are those people looking at me like I'm crazy.
-
You know who has the cleanest restrooms in town
-
You know at least 5 different routes to log 15 miles
-
You know the exact mileage between the park and Starbucks
-
You have named every duck in the park and all of their babies
-
You plan your vacations around the 3 Day training schedule
-
You take off your sneaker and sock and say, "ahhhhhhh"
-
You could qualify as a "Neighborhood Watch" person, since you've been by everyone's house over and over again.
-
You're willing to sleep in a tent, shower in a truck, eat supper in your pj's with thousands of strangers, have some kid hoist your leg over your head (p-t medic) and then go home and tell everyone how TOTALLY AWESOME your weekend was!
-When you tell someone "I only lost 2 toenails this year" and wonder why they look at you weird.
-
You are passionate about putting an end to breast cancer!!!



1 comment:

Pilarh said...

Thanks! this make my day!