Over three days this November, I will be walking 60 miles in the Arizona Breast Cancer 3-Day. This walk will be much more than “just a walk” – it will be raising money to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

Over the next several months, I will be spending many, many, many hours in training (By the time the walk starts, I will have logged enough miles to take me from Phoenix to my hometown of Houston!

I have committed to raising $2,200 to participate in this walk. Please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to help me achieve this goal. I’ll be doing all the walking...all you need to do is follow this link to my fundraising headquarters to submit your contribution.

You may know someone who has been affected by breast cancer and I would be proud to walk in her honor as well. Please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment with their name. I will create a ribbon just for them and attach it to my backpack.

Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for all women, and the leading cause of death in women between the ages of 40 and 55. Both its cause and the means for its cure remain undiscovered. I’m taking on this challenge to do something big that will help raise awareness and help in finding a cure.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope that you’ll share in this incredible adventure with me. Please leave comments or email me (txaggie02@hotmail.com) if you have any questions.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back in Action

After a week off I headed back to the gym today. It felt good to be able to work out again. I almost didn't make it though. There was some drama after work today with my car. The hunk of junk didn't want to get in gear. When I tried to put it in reverse it made a terrible, donkey-like sound and he didn't want to budge. It turns out that he just needed some clutch fluid. Why couldn't he just speak up and tell me instead of throwing a little temper tantrum? Spoiled cars are a pain to deal with sometimes. Anyway, I finally made it to the gym and got in 4 miles on the treadmill. With all the pollen in the air right now I should probably workout indoors for a while. Hello treadmill here I come. I did see a sign today that the gym is getting some brand spankin' new treadmills next week. I don't know what is wrong with the ones they currently have. I think they are fabulous but apparently they are not as high tech, state-of-the-art as the new ones we are getting. I don't know how they can be any better unless they come with a lazy boy. Now that would be fantastic if you could just sit there and the machine would do the workout for you. I would be skinny and strong in no time.

No comments: