Over the next several months, I will be spending many, many, many hours in training (By the time the walk starts, I will have logged enough miles to take me from Phoenix to my hometown of Houston!
I have committed to raising $2,200 to participate in this walk. Please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to help me achieve this goal. I’ll be doing all the walking...all you need to do is follow this link to my fundraising headquarters to submit your contribution.
You may know someone who has been affected by breast cancer and I would be proud to walk in her honor as well. Please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment with their name. I will create a ribbon just for them and attach it to my backpack.Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for all women, and the leading cause of death in women between the ages of 40 and 55. Both its cause and the means for its cure remain undiscovered. I’m taking on this challenge to do something big that will help raise awareness and help in finding a cure.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope that you’ll share in this incredible adventure with me. Please leave comments or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Tag I'm It
1. 10 years ago - I was finishing my senior year of high school. I went to my prom, took my finals, and got my diploma. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Time flies!
2. 5 things on my to do list - walk at least 5 miles today, plan fundraising activities, write thank you notes, go shopping, and get ready for our anniversary dinner tonight.
3. Snacks that I enjoy- s'mores, cookies, chips & salsa, Snickers, and ice cream
4. What would I do if I suddenly became a billionaire - Move to a tropical island paradise and spend every day at the beach
5. 5 places I have lived - Houston, College Station, Bryan, Fort Worth and Phoenix
6. 5 jobs I have had - Systems Engineer, Procurement Engineer, Project Engineer, Avon Rep, and Umpire
7. 3 of my bad habits - I don't do dishes, I don't hang my clothes up, and I procrastinate
8. 5 random things people don't know about me - Lettered in 5 high school activities (softball, volleyball, soccer, debate, and academic decathlon), I am a member of two Greek organizations (Alpha Pi Mu Industrial Engineering Honor Society and Alpha Gamma Delta Sorority), I have a masters degree in engineering, I am an aunt to 20+ kids with 3 more on the way, and I've hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back up
Tag you're it Chase!