Over three days this November, I will be walking 60 miles in the Arizona Breast Cancer 3-Day. This walk will be much more than “just a walk” – it will be raising money to support Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund.

Over the next several months, I will be spending many, many, many hours in training (By the time the walk starts, I will have logged enough miles to take me from Phoenix to my hometown of Houston!

I have committed to raising $2,200 to participate in this walk. Please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to help me achieve this goal. I’ll be doing all the walking...all you need to do is follow this link to my fundraising headquarters to submit your contribution.

You may know someone who has been affected by breast cancer and I would be proud to walk in her honor as well. Please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment with their name. I will create a ribbon just for them and attach it to my backpack.

Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for all women, and the leading cause of death in women between the ages of 40 and 55. Both its cause and the means for its cure remain undiscovered. I’m taking on this challenge to do something big that will help raise awareness and help in finding a cure.

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope that you’ll share in this incredible adventure with me. Please leave comments or email me (txaggie02@hotmail.com) if you have any questions.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Inpiring Recap of the 2007 Walk

I keep hearing that the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk "will change your life" but what does that mean?

Well I was curious and I stumbled across this FABULOUS recap from Debs who walked last year in Arizona. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and it got me really excited about participating this year. Here is a very touching paragraph from Deb's blog:

"These people waited out in the heat for everyone of us just to thank US for walking. When in fact it was them we were trying to thank. Families of breast cancer survivors thanking us for walking and making a difference. They came with a hope that due to the funds we raised and the miles we were putting in that there was a cure coming. They had hope. I had a child come and thank me for helping make their mommy get better. It was impossible to go through a cheer station and not be changed forever."

While reading Deb's synopsis I almost felt like I was there. The biker and safety crew pics are hilarious. It is wonderful that so many people in this world are willing to give so much for people they have never met before. Thanks Debs for inspiring me to walk this year!

No comments: