Over the next several months, I will be spending many, many, many hours in training (By the time the walk starts, I will have logged enough miles to take me from Phoenix to my hometown of Houston!
I have committed to raising $2,200 to participate in this walk. Please consider making a fully tax-deductible donation to help me achieve this goal. I’ll be doing all the walking...all you need to do is follow this link to my fundraising headquarters to submit your contribution.
You may know someone who has been affected by breast cancer and I would be proud to walk in her honor as well. Please feel free to send me an email or leave a comment with their name. I will create a ribbon just for them and attach it to my backpack.Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for all women, and the leading cause of death in women between the ages of 40 and 55. Both its cause and the means for its cure remain undiscovered. I’m taking on this challenge to do something big that will help raise awareness and help in finding a cure.
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog. I hope that you’ll share in this incredible adventure with me. Please leave comments or email me (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Thursday, March 6, 2008
My Top 10 Reasons for Walking in the Breast Cancer 3 Day
10. I pink puffy heart Reese Witherspoon and she supports the Breast Cancer Walks. Some of my favorite movies are Legally Blonde, Sweet Home Alabama, and Walk the Line. I could watch these movies over and over again. If Reese supports it I will support it.
9. I want a haute body like Mary and Lynda who walked in prior 3 Day Walks. These ladies are an inspiration to me. I inspire to be as kind, giving, and self-less as these women as well as be in top physical shape like they are. Anyone who can complete the 3 Day Walk during an Arizona summer like Lynda or not get a single blister after 60 miles like Mary deserve some respect. Thanks ladies for inspiring me to take on this challenge.
8. 10 million women around the world could die from breast cancer in the next 25
years without the cure, Susan G. Komen for the Cure is fighting every minute of every day
to save every life.
7. Pink is my second favorite color after purple.
6. Every woman is at risk for breast cancer – a disease that strikes at random and for which the causes and cures are still unknown – we know that every moment counts.
5. I've heard that it is an experience of a lifetime and I want to experience it for my self.
4. The people on the 3 Day website and in the brochures always look like they are having tons of fun!
3. Without a cure, 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will continue to be diagnosed with breast cancer – a devastating disease with physical, emotional, psychological and financial pain that can last a lifetime.
2. I want to walk for those who cannot be here to walk themselves like my grandmothers Luciana Lieber, a.k.a "Nona", who died from cancer in 1994, and Nina Erminger, a.k.a "Grandnina", who died from cancer in 2008.
1. I WANT TO DO SOMETHING BOLD. I WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!